The Town of Greater Napanee dog licensing program is managed by DocuPet. DocuPet provides a licensing solution that is simple and convenient and includes added benefits for dog owners including the HomeSafeTM Lost Pet Service, designer tag options, and vouchers. Municipal dog licences can be purchased online through DocuPet:
How much does a dog licence cost?
Licences are required for all dogs over 10 weeks old living in the Town of Greater Napanee. They must be renewed every year prior to the expiration date. Failure to present a valid licence will result in a fine of up to $100.00.
Please note that Greater Napanee’s dog licensing program now operates on a 365-day cycle. This means that all licences expire the following year on the date they were purchased.
Where can I buy a dog licence?
You can license online in less than 5 minutes and will immediately gain access to your dog’s profile, which is used to reunite you with your dog if it becomes lost. You will comply as soon as you complete the form.
*Please note that your dog tag will be mailed to you within 8 to 10 business days.
If you're looking to renew your dog licence or have licensed with DocuPet in the past, please visit the DocuPet website.
You can also license over the phone by calling DocuPet at 1-855-249-1370.
You can license by mail: 2 Gore St., Kingston, ON, K7L 2L1 license in person at one of the following locations within Greater Napanee:
- Town of Greater Napanee Municipal Administration Centre (99-A Advance Ave)
- Roblin Gas Bar (3243 Hwy 41 North Roblin)
- Camden Variety Store (425 Camden Rd)
- Critter Comforts (113 Richmond Blvd)
Does my dog have to be licensed?
If you own a dog over the age of 10 weeks in the Town of Greater Napanee, you are required to license it each year.
You can license your dog online, over the phone, by mail, or in person.
What are the benefits of licensing my dog?
It is our responsibility to provide a safe community for our citizens and their pets. Licensing plays an important role in our ability to fulfill this responsibility. A licence allows animal control to identify your dog, get in touch with you, and make decisions that are in the best interest of your dog should it become lost or injured.
The Town has partnered with DocuPet to make every dog licence as valuable to you as it is to animal safety.
Your DocuPet Membership includes:
- Personalizable Dog Tags with secure online profile
- The HomeSafe™ Lost Pet Service
- Designer tag selections
- A $25 voucher from Ren's Pets
- Access to great dog safety and wellness products
- Thanks for supporting animal welfare
Where does the money from municipal dog licences go?
Licensing fees help cover the costs of essential animal services including:
- Emergency service all year round
- Feeding, sheltering and safekeeping of impounded animals
- Supporting the rescue of lost and/or homeless dogs
- Supporting medical care for sick or injured dogs
- Public education initiatives within the community
I no longer own my dog - how can I update the Town?
Get in touch with the DocuPet customer service team to update your record by calling 1-855-249-1370 or emailing email@example.com.